OccupationDirector of professional responsibility and consultancy
Saigon Law University, HCMC, Vietnam
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 2006 B.A.
Phone: +84 8 3500 2828
Tran Tu QuyDirector of professional responsibility and consultancy
Tran Tu Quy is the Director in charge of professional responsibility and consultancy at GBS, assuming main responsibilities for providing consulting and legal services at GBS. He also serves as a Manager of performance services related to the setting up of business projects in Vietnam, from Vietnam to overseas; provides consultancy for various matters covered by corporate law, labor code and commercial law as well as for contract preparation, etc.
Quy’s experience in foreign investment practices in Vietnam is vast and varied. He has provided a wide range of services for leading companies operating in various industries. Prior to joining GBS, Quy was a Senior Consultant at Saigon Invesco JSC – one of leading investment consulting companies in Ho Chi Minh City. He also held the position of Senior Consultant at Auditing and Consulting Co., Ltd. (A&C) – one of biggest audit firms in Vietnam which is a member of HLB international, a worldwide organization of professional accounting firms and business advisers with its head office located at London.
Quy holds a Bachelor Degree of Law from Ho Chi Minh City University of Laws, a certificate of Lawyer practice from the Academy of Justice and a certificate of Advanced Resources Management granted by Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics. He has joined a number of training and refresher courses on commercial law, taxation, finance, investment, etc.
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Gold Medal, 2008
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2010 to 2011
- Hudson County Bar Association, Merit Award, 2014
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Distinguished Legislative Service Award, 2015
- Regional Advocates Forum, 2016
- New Hampsire Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Blfred T. Nlapp Laureate, 2002
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Gold Medal, 1998
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2004 to 2011
- Hudson County Bar Association, Merit Award, 2008
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Distinguished Legislative Service Award, 1999
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 1999
- Speaker, HJAJ Educational Foundation, “Ethics & Professionalism for Criminal Attorneys”, April 26, 2013
- Ethics and Professionalism for Criminal Practitioners, New Hampshire Association for Justice, November 2011
- Walk In Their Shoes: A Defense Attorney’s Advice for Prosecutors, Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, October 2011
- Handling a Criminal Case from Arrest to Sentencing, Essex County Bar Association, October 2010
- Advocating in a Modern World, Newark Academy Cum Laude Society, June 2010
- Do’s & Don’ts of Cross-Examination, New Hampshire Association for Justice, April 2011